Bedroom Cleaning Tips: How to Clean Your Bedroom Like an Expert
Did you know that having a dirty and cluttered bedroom can seriously damage a person’s mental and physical health? Sleeping in a dingy room with poor indoor air quality inevitably makes your sleep worse, which in turn endangers your health, reduces your energy levels, and makes you feel cranky around-the-clock.
This means your bedroom is one of the most sensitive areas in your house in terms of cleaning, second only to the kitchen and the bathroom. Giving it a good scrubbing, or having professional maids in Farmersburg, IN, and other Terre Haute areas do it for you, should be your priority as a homeowner.
Keep reading to learn how to keep your bedrooms squeaky clean at all times.
What is the proper way to clean a bedroom?
The fastest and simplest way to clean a bedroom is by preventing it from getting messy in the first place. You can do this by adopting good housekeeping habits that minimize the overall amount of grime and clutter that enters your home.
Consider making the following adjustments:
No shoes in the house
Outdoor footwear has no place indoors past the entry hallway. Buy a bunch of comfy slippers for yourself and the other members of your household, and get in the habit of wearing them around the house. This will dramatically reduce the amount of dirt you have to clean up.
Have dedicated storage areas for different items: for example, clothes should never just be left on the floor or lying over furniture. Choose a drawer in your nightstand and always store bedside items such as phone chargers, hand cream, sleep mask, and that book you’ve rented from the Farmersburg Library in this drawer.
No pets allowed
Look, we all love spending time with Fido and Mr. Mittens. But the reality is that they shed constantly, and that picking up all that hair can be a huge chore. If not letting your furry roommates into the bedroom is out of question, at least consider training them to stay on the floor.
How often should you deep clean your bedroom?
Like most other parts of your home, your bedroom should be deep cleaned 2-3 times a year. Of course, bedroom cleaning should also be a part of your standard cleanings, which should be done once per week. If your schedule doesn’t allow that, make sure to perform a regular cleaning at least once every two weeks.
A standard bedroom cleaning includes:
- Removing clutter
- Vacuuming and mopping hard floors
- Vacuuming floor coverings (carpets, rugs, etc.)
- Wiping hard surfaces down using a clean microfiber cloth and universal household cleaner
- Disinfecting touchpoints after cleaning them (nightstand, doorknobs, light switches, etc.)
- Putting the bedsheets and pillowcases into the laundry and replacing them with clean ones
- Washing the windows and windowsills (if necessary)
- Cleaning and polishing mirrors (if necessary)
A deep bedroom cleaning includes:
- Everything that’s included in a regular cleaning
- Moving any large furniture that isn’t nailed down and cleaning the surfaces behind and under it
- Vacuuming both sides of the mattress with the upholstery attachment for the vacuum cleaner
- Vacuuming both sides of the curtains with the upholstery attachment
- Removing HVAC vent covers and cleaning or replacing the filters
- Vacuuming inside the HVAC vents
- Emptying the cabinets and closets, and cleaning their interiors
Where can I find the top maids in Farmersburg, IN and the rest of Terre Haute?
Have you invited important guests over and want your living room to be in tiptop shape when they arrive? Or perhaps work and social obligations make it hard for you to find the time to give your bathroom the cleaning it needs?
Whatever your cleaning needs may be, don’t hesitate to get in touch with KCB Maids. We boast the top cleaning professionals in Terre Haute who bring unparalleled skills and experience to every cleaning. Book our services today!