How Often Should You Hire a Cleaning Service?
Few things are 100% irreplaceable in life, but free time definitely is one of them. And guess what? Many Americans consider home chores to be one of the biggest (and most annoying!) reasons why leisure time is always in such a short supply.
Luckily, you can solve this problem by outsourcing your home cleaning to a dependable house cleaner in West Terre Haute. But how often should you book cleaning services?
While there’s no universal answer to this question, there are a number of important factors that affect the frequency of your home cleaning. Read on to learn more about what scheduled cleaning services provide and how they can improve your life.
How often should you clean apartment?
The question of how regularly you should clean your home has been on people’s minds for as long as modern homes have existed. The truth is, no two houses are the same, so their cleaning schedule can’t be the same either.
Things to consider:
- Location is critical when it comes to cleaning. After all, downtown apartments see a lot more dust buildup than houses in the countryside do. A cabin in the woods is likely to need a leaf-blower more often than a desert hacienda.
- Residents are, unsurprisingly, a huge variable. Some people are just tidier than others. A family with energetic children is probably going to create a lot more clutter than an aging couple will.
- Health concerns must also be taken into account. People who suffer from dust or pollen allergies need to dust and vacuum more regularly to avoid aggravating their condition.
- Pets tend to shed hairs or feathers at an alarming rate, and to not care overly much about bringing mud or other dirt into the house.
Regardless of which of these factors applies to you, the importance of having a clean home cannot be understated. Living in a pristine house is not only good for your health, but also makes you feel better about yourself and leaves a positive impression on visitors.
Weekly or biweekly cleaning?
As a rule of thumb, most houses should be given a standard cleaning at least once a week. However, for optimal freshness, we recommend giving your place a standard cleaning two times a week.
A typical standard cleaning includes:
- Polishing, vacuuming, and dusting the furniture.
- Dusting window blinds and sills.
- Vacuuming carpets.
- Emptying wastebaskets and taking the trash out.
- Making beds.
- Dusting woodwork and moldings.
- Washing the microwave interior.
- Vacuuming the staircases.
- Dusting lampshades and lamps.
- Dusting the kitchen appliances.
- Scrubbing and disinfecting the sinks.
- Cleaning bathroom fixtures and counters.
- Washing the top of the stove.
- Removing spiderwebs.
- Cleaning the bathtub and the shower.
- Vacuuming and mopping the floors.
- Dusting light fixtures and ceiling fans.
- Dusting photos, pictures, and other decorative items.
What about deep cleaning?
Also known as spring cleaning, deep cleaning is an extra-thorough type of cleaning that uses stronger products and aims to get at the deeply ingrained grime. This achieves optimal indoor air quality and ensures lasting cleanliness. Deep cleaning normally only needs to be done a few times a year.
How to book house cleaning online?
Reputable cleaning companies boast lovely websites that feature easy-to-complete online booking forms that can be used from any device. Just type in your name, address, email, and phone number, and specify the number of bedrooms and bathrooms you want cleaned.
Quality maid services also give you the option of adding specialized services, such as deep cleaning, laundry, dishes, and so on.
Where to hire a reliable house cleaner in West Terre Haute?
KCB Maids is West Terre Haute’s premier cleaning service. We’ll make the mess go away while you use your newfound leisure time to take a pleasant walk or enjoy yourself at the Swope Art Museum with your friends and family.
Reach out to us today if you have any questions, or schedule a cleaning using our online booking form. We look forward to meeting you.