Cleaning Secrets: How to Make Your Floors Shine
With the exception of the walls, the floors are the single largest surface in your home. As a result, knowing how to get the most out of your floor cleaning will have a huge effect on how fresh your home feels and smells.
While hiring tried-and-true house cleaners in Brazil IN is the shortest and easiest path to a sparkling clean floor, it’s still worth your while to learn how to do it on your own.
How do I keep my floors clean longer?
As with all kinds of cleaning, you must be consistent. While deep cleaning such as window washing should be done once in a while, standard cleanings (which include mopping and vacuuming, tidying up, etc.) should be performed at least once a week. For the majority of homes, however, cleaning twice a week would be the optimal frequency. The same applies to floors.
Here are a few floor cleaning tips:
- Mop and vacuum frequently, as this will prevent grime from building up. Make sure to wipe any spills ASAP. When cleaning floors, don’t make them too wet. Doing so can ruin your floors and even cause mold to appear in your home.
- Use an appropriate cleaner or make your own. If you have wood floors, make sure to use a commercial cleaner that’s designed for wood floors. Another option is to pour half a cup of vinegar in one gallon of water.
- Marble and acidic cleaners don’t mix. Caustic cleaners (such as vinegar) will etch marble, while powerful alkaline solutions will ruin the marble’s surface.
- Sawdust is very useful when it comes to cleaning stone floors. Just sprinkle damp sawdust all over the floor, scrub it with a rough brush, and then sweep up the sawdust using a dustpan and a broom. Remember to give the floor a thorough vacuuming afterward.
- Prolong the life of ceramic-tile grout by cleaning it with a mixture of rubbing alcohol (a single cupfull) and water (at least a gallon).
- Use mild cleaning methods with vinyl flooring, and remember to sweep and vacuum regularly. Use a warm, damp mop to remove the dirt that can’t be swept or vacuumed away.
How do you keep white floors clean?
White floors look lovely, but they can be a pain to clean. First off, they need to be vacuumed, mopped, and swept frequently. Spills and stains should be addressed immediately before they can get deeply ingrained in the surface.
There are three main ways to clean white floors:
- Apply a commercial cleaner that is designed for the type of flooring you have. Some brands even make cleaning products that work best with white floors.
- Use a green cleaning solution such as baking soda (or vinegar) mixed with warm water. Thoroughly mop the floor using this solution, and then wipe it with a microfiber cloth.
- Diatomaceous earth poultice can be mixed with any commercial cleaner. Pour this mixture on white tiles, let it sit for a few minutes, and then cover it with a transparent plastic sheet to keep it damp for longer. It will gather the dirt and leave only sparkling white tiles behind.
What is the easiest floor to keep clean?
Without a doubt, vinyl flooring is the type of flooring that is easiest to maintain and clean. In addition to being robust and competitively priced, vinyl flooring also comes in many different styles that realistically imitate other flooring types.
Where can I hire the finest house cleaners in Brazil IN?
If you can’t spare the time to clean, or if you’d just rather spend that time enjoying yourself at the Brazil Downtown Historic District, then KCB Maids is the company for you. Our cleaners are experienced, reliable, and eager to supply you with a top-quality cleaning.
Schedule your cleaning today using our state-of-the-art online booking from. We’d be happy to serve you.