How To Properly Clean And Disinfect Your Kitchen
With the exception of maybe the bathroom, the kitchen is the most sensitive area in your home. After all, that’s where you prepare and store your food, where you keep all your eating utensils, and where your family meets to enjoy snacks together.
So it goes without saying that properly cleaning and disinfecting your kitchen is one of the most important parts of any home cleaning. With everything that’s happening in the world right now, we feel it’s a good idea to discuss some tried-and-true kitchen cleaning practices.
Even if you prefer to leave your kitchen cleaning to a trusted house cleaning service in Terre Haute, learning how to do it yourself is well-worth your while. We’ll help you out with that by providing you with some top-notch kitchen cleaning advice. Read on!
How often do I need to clean my kitchen?
As a rule of thumb, the kitchen and surfaces that come into contact with food should be given a standard cleaning daily, or at least once a week. That being said, if you cook or eat your meals in the kitchen on a daily basis, you’ll likely have more of a mess and therefore need to clean it more often.
A standard kitchen cleaning includes:
- Wiping down the countertops.
- Cleaning the sinks and the faucets.
- Scrubbing out stains.
- Removing food crumbs.
- Vacuuming and mopping the floor.
- Wiping down the stovetop.
- Cleaning the inside of the microwave (if needed).
- Cleaning the toaster or sandwich maker (if needed).
How to clean and disinfect the kitchen?
For most types of kitchen cleaning, the only supplies you’ll need are bleach, dishwashing soap, and warm water. If you don’t want to use bleach, you can also purchase an EPA-certified household disinfectant and follow the instructions on the bottle.
Here’s how to clean your kitchen:
- Step #1: Wash the stovetop and the counters with a combination of water and dish detergent, and then wipe them with a paper towel. Make sure you use clean water and a new paper towel when rinsing away the soap. Let the surfaces dry completely before using them again.
- Step #2: Make a cleaning solution by mixing a tablespoon of bleach with a gallon of water. Fill a spray bottle with this mixture, spray your kitchen surfaces with it, and let them air dry. The bleach will destroy most household germs.
- Step #3: Cutting boards or any items that come in direct contact with raw meat should be cleaned immediately after use with hot water and soap, then washed again with the bleach mixture. Alternatively, you can place these items in the dishwasher and wash them on the hottest setting.
- Step #4: Any spills in the fridge should be wiped ASAP using water, dishwashing soap, and a paper towel. Not addressing the spills promptly can cause them to rot and contaminate other food in your refrigerator.
- Step #5: Pour the bleach solution into a bucket, grab a mop, and use it to mop the floor of your kitchen.
- Step #6: Remember to carefully wash your hands using warm water and soap to remove any germs that might’ve transferred to your skin during the cleaning.
Who provides the top house cleaning service in Terre Haute and the rest of Vigo County?
Until we see the end of the coronavirus pandemic, we won’t be able to move around freely, meet with co-workers for drinks or gather with friends to see a play at the Hippodrome Theatre. More importantly, we need to up our precautions in terms of health and safety measures at home. As a result, you have no choice but to spend long hours cleaning and disinfecting your home in Terre Haute.
Here at KCB Maids, we can’t make the pandemic go away, but we’re more than capable of making your house squeaky clean. Book our services today and take full advantage of our experienced cleaners and our world-class satisfaction guarantee!