Expert Tips for Cleaning Windows and Mirrors
What could be more tedious than having to clean the same areas of your home over and over? Unfortunately, this is almost always the case with cleaning glass surfaces – even when the job seems perfectly done, chalky streaks have a tendency to appear once the surfaces have dried.
But why do these annoying streaks appear? How do professional maid services in West Terre Haute manage to give your windows that streak-free shine? Is it necessary to hire trained cleaning professionals in order to enjoy streakless window views and mirrors or can you achieve this on your own?
To answer your questions, we’ve gathered some tried-and-tested tips that will ease this part of your housework and make it much more enjoyable. Keep reading to learn more!
How do professionals clean glass?
It’s no secret that professional cleaners have the tools and the skill to make glass cleaning seem effortless. Here’s which of their tools and techniques you can use to DIY the process.
To clean large glass surfaces, such as window panes, you’ll need:
- A bucket
- A detergent solution
- A squeegee
- A strip applicator
- Lint-free microfiber cloths
- Paper towels
Here’s what to do:
- Wash the window panes with a strip applicator dipped in soapy water.
- Use the squeegee to wipe excess liquid without leaving streaks. Start at the top and move towards the bottom in horizontal strokes from one end of the window to another. Use a lint-free cloth to dry the blade after each stroke.
- To remove the remaining water at the edges of the window, use a clean microfiber cloth or a paper towel.
What is the best way to clean mirrors without streaking?
The secret to cleaning mirrors without streaking is mostly about using the right tools and reliable methods. Here’s how you can do it in a few easy steps:
- Start by removing all visible stains. Pretreating these spots will prevent them from turning into streaks as you wipe the mirror. Simply soak a cotton pad in rubbing alcohol and use it to wipe each stain until it’s gone.
- Spray the mirror with the cleaning solution of your choice. This can be either a store-bought glass cleaner or a home-made one. You can make your own glass cleaner by mixing equal parts of white vinegar and water in a spray bottle.
- Instead of soaking, you should mist the mirror with the solution.
- Wipe the solution away with a clean, dry, lint-free microfiber cloth.
- When wiping, make sure to run the cloth in quick, singular motions from one end of the surface to another, folding it as you switch directions, to avoid smearing the dirt.
- Keep wiping until the mirror is completely dry. This is essential for avoiding streaks, as they usually appear when detergent residue is left to air-dry.
Who provides the best maid services in West Terre Haute?
If you’re looking for a reputable cleaning company with years of experience in the field, look no further than KCB Maids. All members of our team are highly trained, bonded, and insured professionals that guarantee to take care of your home to the highest of standards.
We offer our customers a full range of residential cleaning services to choose from. Whether you’re having troubles removing deep carpet stains, wondering how to give your showers an in-depth cleanse or how to make your stainless steel surfaces look like new again, KCB Maids is there to help you.