How to Get the Most Out of Your Home Cleaning
Today, many Americans wonder if there are things they could be doing to speed up their house cleaning or make it more effective. After all, getting better home cleaning will also make spending time at your place healthier and more pleasant for you and your family.
Needless to say, the best way to both speed up and improve your home cleaning is to have it done by trained house cleaners in Seelyville, IN. After all, these pros have cleaned thousands of homes over the years, and know precisely how to achieve the best results in the shortest amount of time.
In this article, we’ll reveal some of the techniques career maids use on a daily basis. We’ll also tell you where to find a reputable cleaning company that doesn’t cut corners. Keep reading to learn more.
How much time should I spend cleaning my house?
Sadly, there is no universal answer to this question. How long a standard cleaning takes varies greatly depending on the factors unique to specific homes and people.
Some of these variables include:
- Size of the home is perhaps the most important one. For instance, a one-room condo can be made spotless in two hours, whereas a giant manor can take days of hard work to clean thoroughly.
- The state the home is in also plays a huge role. A place that hasn’t been cleaned for weeks or months is likely to have gathered a considerable amount of dirt, which greatly increases the time it takes to be properly cleaned. Likewise, an apartment that’s cleaned regularly can be made squeaky clean a lot faster.
- Resident habits can have a considerable impact, too. Some people are just a lot less tidy than others, or they may have energetic children who naturally create a mess while playing.
- Our furry friends, as much as we love them, tend to complicate our cleaning efforts. Cats and dogs shed hairs all the time, and these tend to fall into creases or get stuck in the carpet. Picking all that hair up can dramatically slow down a home cleaning process.
How do you start cleaning a messy room?
When speed-cleaning your home, it’s a great idea to start with the dirtiest rooms first. This way, you can deal with the worst of the mess while you’re still fresh. It’s also less mentally taxing, because you’ll know for a fact that cleaning will be getting easier the longer you’re at it.
Follow these steps when cleaning a messy room:
- Bring all your cleaning supplies with you so you don’t have to make extra trips to the laundry room midway through the cleaning because you forgot something. Of course, always make sure you’re using quality supplies that have been approved by trusted organizations such as the American Cleaning Institute.
- Remove clutter first. Not only do discarded toys, scattered clothing, and outdated newspapers make you look like a slob, but also make it more difficult to access other areas for cleaning.
- Clean top-to-bottom. By focusing on upper areas first (tallest shelves, lightning fixtures, tops of wardrobes, etc.), and then working your way down, you’ll be causing all excess dirt and dust to drift to the floor. This makes vacuuming at the end of your cleaning all the more effective.
- Leave the wastebasket for last. You’ll likely find stuff during your cleaning that you don’t need anymore. Drop it all into the wastebasket and empty it after you’re done cleaning. This way you’ll only have to empty the wastebasket once.
Where can you hire second-to-none house cleaners in Seelyville, IN?
Wouldn’t you rather relax outside or learn new things at the Oakley Observatory than mop and scrub all day? KCB Maids can make it happen! Our 100% happiness guarantee ensures you’ll never get a less-than-perfect service.
Schedule your cleaning today using our 60-second online booking system. We can’t wait to make your home sparkle!