How Do You Help Your Aging Parents Clean Their Home?
Although we rarely think of it in those terms, cleaning is actual physical work. During a standard cleaning, you have to spend an hour or two on your feet, dragging a vacuum cleaner along and constantly bending over to pick up clutter, straighten bedsheets, or scrub at stubborn stains.
None of this is a problem for a young person, but it can be a serious challenge to a senior or persons with disability. Not only does age-induced infirmity make it difficult to give your house a superb cleaning, but may even make certain areas completely inaccessible.
Booking house cleaning services in Marshall is a great way to give your elderly parents both a pristine place and more free time to enjoy their golden years. Of course, hiring the pros isn’t the only way to assist them with cleaning. Keep reading to learn more.
How do you help your parents clean the house?
The homes of older people tend to be tidier than the homes of younger people. This is because retirees have more free time to devote to cleaning, don’t live with small children or teenagers who are prone to creating a mess, and generally aren’t as active as their younger counterparts.
Many people mistakenly assume that this means seniors don’t need to clean their places as frequently as younger people do. Nothing could be further from the truth. The reality is that older people often have weaker immune systems that make them more vulnerable to disease, parasites, and other problems caused by infrequent cleanings.
The good news is, there are quite a few things you can do to help ensure your aging parents live in a squeaky clean home.
Easy ways to help your parents keep their places tidy:
- Help them clean. Do some cleaning whenever you visit, or organize a joint cleaning effort. This way, you’ll ensure their home is always clean, and you won’t make them feel like you think they’re incapable of cleaning their house on their own.
- Get them a robotic vacuum cleaner. Robotic vacuum cleaners enable people to keep their floors dust and dirt-free without the strain of setting up and using a traditional vacuum cleaner.
- Get them a robotic window cleaner. Window cleaning tends to be more tiring than other types of cleaning, and may even be dangerous if it requires your parents to climb on a stool or even a ladder to reach the upper parts of their windows. A robotic window cleaner is an easy solution to all those problems.
- Keep your eyes open. Many older people have poor eyesight and may fail to notice things like dusty areas, bathroom mold, food crumbs, and tiny insects. If you spot such problems during your visits, take a moment to deal with them yourself and hire a respectable cleaning company.
- Schedule recurring cleanings. Having a maid come over on a weekly or bi-weekly basis is a tried-and-true way to make sure your parents live in a squeaky clean house.
Where can I book the premier home cleaning services in Marshall?
Unfortunately, many elderly citizens are too sick or infirm to do much cleaning themselves. At the same time, if you’re working 8-hour shifts and caring for your children, it’s unlikely that you have the time to keep both their home and your own clean.
KCB Maids can solve this problem for you by supplying your parents with top-of-the-line home cleanings. Aside from ensuring your parents live in a clean place, this will also free you up to spend more time with your parents and even enjoy a relaxing trip to the Turkey Run State Park.
Reach out to us today and enjoy our total happiness guarantee!