How To Get Your Place Guest-Ready?
One of the greatest joys in life come from spending time with our friends, relatives, and colleagues. And what better way to enjoy yourself with others than by inviting them over to your place for pleasant dinner or a wild party?
Of course, this requires a certain amount of preparation. Whether you decide to clean your place yourself, or you hire a top-notch maids service in Clinton IN to do it for you, ensuring your home is pristine is crucial if you want your guests to have a good time.
In the following article, we’ll tell you everything you need to know in order to get your home 100% guest-ready. Keep reading to learn more!
How do you get your home guest ready?
Exactly how you prepare your house for guests depends largely on who your guests are and what type of gathering it is. For example, a Thanksgiving dinner with your grandparents is going to require a vastly different setup than a cocktail party with your coworkers will.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- How many people are coming? The more guests there are, the more space they’re going to need. You may want to rearrange your furniture and remove fragile items so as to give your guests as much space to move around as possible.
- Is there anything to look out for? Are any of your guests vegetarians? Are any of them allergic to something in your house? The last thing you want is to put a raw steak in front of your vegan boss or not remove pet hair when your hypersensitive aunt comes over.
- Is anyone sleeping over? If you have overnight guests, one of the most important things you can do is make sure their rooms are squeaky clean. No matter how carefree your guests may seem, they’re still sleeping in a strange bed and will appreciate clean bedsheets and uncluttered bedrooms.
What do you do when you have guests over?
Just because your friends and coworkers seem laid back and non-judgmental doesn’t mean they won’t notice things like clutter, stained furniture, and dusty surfaces. At the very least, you should give your home a standard cleaning.
A good standard cleaning includes:
- Wiping shelves, tables, and countertops,
- Cleaning and disinfecting sinks and toilets,
- Making beds,
- Washing dishes,
- Cleaning light fixtures,
- Throwing out the trash,
What should you wash before guests arrive?
In most households, having guests over is a special occasion. As a result, we get to use items that aren’t often used in our everyday lives, but we also need to pay special attention to things we don’t normally consider.
These things include:
- Make sure the hand towels in the bathrooms are clean.
- Thoroughly wash shot, wine, and cocktail glasses. Do this even if your guests don’t normally drink.
- Remove any visible mold from the bathroom tiles.
- Wipe any stains from the furniture your guests will be using.
Where can I find a reliable maids service in Clinton IN?
All of the above is easier said than done if you’re a parent who has to clean while caring for small kids or works a highly demanding job. The good news is, Clinton’s finest cleaning company, KCB Maids, is here for you!
Not only do we provide a top-of-the-line service that will leave your guests impressed with the cleanliness of your home, we also give you the gift of leisure time. By outsourcing your chores to us, you’ll be able to relax with your family or take a pleasant walk along the Wabash River.
Book your cleaning today, or give us a call if you’d like to learn more about us. We can’t wait to hear from you!