How To Disinfect Everything: Coronavirus Home Cleaning Tips, Part 1
There’s no denying that COVID-19 has taken the world by storm and caught us all unprepared. With no vaccine or cure on the horizon, and no way to tell when the pandemic will subside, we must all do our part in protecting ourselves and our families from this dangerous disease.
Right now, the only way to do this is by practicing social distancing, exercising good personal hygiene, and regularly cleaning and disinfecting your home against coronavirus. This means you must adjust your regular cleaning practices to make them more effective against COVID-19.
So how is cleaning against the Coronavirus different from a standard cleaning? Can you do it yourself, or do you have to hire a cleaning service that provides house cleaning in Seelyville and the area? Read on to find out.
How do I clean my house to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
The CDC (Center for Disease Control) urges US citizens to clean their homes more frequently than usual. A good rule of thumb is to clean and disinfect your house or apartment at least once or twice a week.
Here are a few guidelines on how to keep your home virus-free:
Always wear disposable gloves while cleaning or handling trash bags. Viruses can get into your body through the pores in your skin and even through your eyes, so make sure not to touch your face until after the cleaning is done and you’ve thoroughly washed your hands.
If a member of your household is sick, try to limit contact with them by having them sleep in a separate bedroom and using a separate bathroom. You should both wear a face mask while interacting with one another to reduce the risk of infection.
Focus on frequently touched items
Clean high-traffic items using either a high-quality household cleaner, or water and soap. This includes everything from keyboards, light switches, game controllers, faucets, toilets, keyboards, sinks, TV remotes, countertops, doorknobs, and handles of all types.
Proper disinfection is crucial
- After you’re done cleaning an area, apply an EPA-certified household disinfectant (remember to carefully read the instructions on the bottle if you haven’t used this disinfectant before),
- Alcohol solutions that contain 70% alcohol or more can be used as a substitute for disinfectant,
- Coronaviruses are weak against diluted household bleach solutions (5 tablespoons of bleach per a gallon of water), but you need to make sure the surface in question won’t be damaged by bleach.
Keep laundry virus-free
- Shaking dirty laundry could release the virus into the air, so don’t do it,
- Wash everything on the warmest appropriate water setting,
- All laundry should be completely dry before you use it or store it,
- A sick person’s laundry can safely be washed together with other people’s items,
- Always clean and disinfect clothes hampers after use.
Who provides the finest house cleaning in Seelyville and the area?
The novel Coronavirus has changed every aspect of our daily lives. On top of having to stay indoors and being unable to do fun things such as cheer for your team at the Sycamore Stadium, it also forces you to waste even more time and energy on housekeeping than usual.
Here at KCB Maids, we’d like to make things easier for you by taking on your cleaning responsibilities. As the leading cleaning service in Seelyville, we have access to the top disinfectants on the market and use extra-safe cleaning techniques that keep harmful microbes out of your home.
Book your cleaning today and take full advantage of our robust satisfaction guarantee. We’re eager to lend our fellow Americans a helping hand in these trying times.