How to Thoroughly Clean Your Bathroom in 8 Quick Steps
No one likes bathroom cleaning. Not only is removing all that hair and gunk from showers, bathtubs, and toilets tiring and time consuming, it’s also incredibly gross, especially if there are lots of people in your household.
With the above in mind, it’s no surprise that many Americans prefer to hire professional cleaning services in Farmersburg, IN and other parts of Terre Haute, to sanitize their bathrooms for them. But what if hiring the experts isn’t an option for you right now?
We previously gave you some pointers on how to deep clean a bedroom and minimize cluttering in your living room. Now we’ll continue in the same vein by providing you with an effective 8-step bathroom deep cleaning guide. Read on!
How do I deep clean my bathroom?
Unlike other types of deep cleaning, deep bathroom cleanings don’t require you to move large furniture. This makes them easier to do without help.
Here’s our 7-step bathroom deep cleaning guide:
- Step #1: Gather all the items that aren’t nailed down (toiletries, shavers, contents of the vanity cabinet, etc.), and take them elsewhere so they aren’t in the way while you clean. Both the shower rugs and the shower curtains should be laundered.
- Step #2: Thoroughly vacuum and dust the whole bathroom. Don’t forget to remove cobwebs and clean hard-to-reach areas such as behind the toilet bowl and the sink.
- Step #3: Spray the shower or bathtub with a bathroom cleaner and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Then grab a sponge or a cloth and rinse them. If this fails to remove all of the buildup, get an acid-based product and apply it in accordance with manufacturer instructions.
- Step #4: Spray a universal household cleaner on a clean sponge or microfiber cloth and wipe down doors, cabinets, shelves, windowsills, baseboards, towel racks, blinds, toilet cover, the outside of the washing machine, and so on.
- Step #5: Deep clean the vanity cabinet by wiping down its interior and exterior with a universal household cleaner. Use a glass cleaner on the mirror and the windows, and wipe them down. Use a scrubby sponge to loosen the buildup in the sink and the soap dish, and then wipe those down as well.
- Step #6: Spray bleach along the edges of the toilet bowl and leave it for 30 minutes. Afterward, flush the toilet and clean the interior of the bowl using a specialized toilet cleaner. Any stubborn buildup should be removed with a toilet brush.
- Step #7: Remove the HVAC vent cover and replace or clean the HVAC filter (if it’s reusable). Vacuum the dust inside the vent and replace the cover and the filter.
- Step #8: Carefully mop the floor to remove any remaining dirt and dust. Finish the deep cleaning by adding a clean shower rug and curtains.
What supplies do I need to clean a bathroom?
Gathering your cleaning supplies beforehand and keeping them in an easy-to-carry container is a great way to make your cleaning efforts easier and avoid repeat trips to the laundry room.
Here are some must-have bathroom-cleaning supplies:
- Spray bottle
- Toilet brush
- Rubber gloves
- Microfiber cloth
- Vacuum cleaner
- Stiff brush
- Universal household cleaner
- Universal bathroom cleaner
- Tile cleaner
- Toilet cleaner
- Glass cleaner
- Microfiber or steam mop
- Face mask
Where can I book the most reliable cleaning services in Farmersburg and Terre Haute, IN?
KCB Maids is a top-of-the-line cleaning company that provides the full range of residential cleaning services. Need to have your kitchen disinfected? Looking to schedule a post-construction or move-in cleaning for a place near Farmersburg United Methodist Church? We can do all that and more!
Book our services today and use your newfound leisure time to spend some quality time with friends and family. Your place will be spotless before you know it!