Dog Person Troubles: How to Deal With Pet Hair
Nothing can quite compare to a dog’s love. The feeling of being unconditionally adored by our furry friends is something that never fails to brighten a dog owner’s day. And yes, that includes those days when we have to spend hours picking up dog hairs or dealing with “accidents”.
That being said, keeping your home perfectly clean with a dog onboard can be a chore, especially if you have to get your place ready for guests. Booking professional cleaning services in Clinton IN is a quick and effective solution, but what if there isn’t enough time to call the pros?
We’re here to help! In the following article, we’ll give you a few pointers on how to clean your home while working full time and also having a dog (or another furry pet). Keep reading to learn more.
How can I control the dog hair in my house?
Dogs can’t help but shed their hairs everywhere they go. The only way to keep your home from being taken over by dog hair is to prevent as much of it from being brought inside as possible.
Consider doing the following:
- Train your dog not to jump on furniture. Have a dedicated couch or cushion for your dog, and don’t let them climb on other pieces of furniture. This way, most of the dog hair will be localized to that one particular couch or cushion, making it easier to clean.
- Brush and bathe your dog often. Regular doggy hygiene will keep excess hair to a minimum, as most of it will be removed while bathing and brushing. As an added bonus, your dog will smell nice and feel softer to the touch at all times.
- Prepare your house accordingly. Hair is a lot easier to vacuum or brush away when it’s on a flat, slick surface such as linoleum or parquet. In other words, don’t furnish your home with thick rugs, wall-to-wall carpeting, and other surfaces that are like glue to dog hair.
- Keep your dog outside. Unless you live in an apartment or your dog is a small breed that isn’t accustomed to being outside much, you’re probably better off letting your dog spend more time in the yard. This goes double if your dog is a big and energetic breed. Just remember that dogs like to dig, and may end up ruining your garden or spreading dirt everywhere.
How do I get rid of dog smell in my house?
A dog’s skin produces an oil that serves as an extra protective layer on its skin. Unfortunately for us, this oil often has a distinct odor that many people find unpleasant. If regular bathing fails to keep this smell in check, it may indicate an underlying health issue. Just to be safe, take your dog to the vet for a checkup.
If no health problem is present, you can control the smell by:
- Vacuuming your dog’s bed on a weekly basis.
- Washing your dog’s bed on a bi-weekly basis.
- Vacuuming the floors twice a week.
- Washing hard floors with hot water and a strong cleaning solution.
- Using an air purifier.
Where can I schedule the premier cleaning services in Clinton IN?
Dealing with dog hair and smells can get tiresome, especially if you’re cleaning while caring for a baby, or if you simply want to take the day off and relax at the Clinton IN Downtown Historic District instead.
That’s where KCB Maids comes in. Our cleaning experts come equipped with top-of-the-line cleaning products that will make short work of any strange smells or excess dog hairs. Book your cleaning today!