Keeping Your Living Room Pristine: What You Need to Know
The majority of our time at home is spent in our living rooms, so it’s no surprise that keeping your living room sparkling clean is absolutely imperative. Of course, this is much easier said than done, especially if you have kids or roommates who tend to create a lot of clutter.
While hiring a professional house cleaner in Marshall IL is the quickest and best way to get a spotless living room, there are still things you and the other members of your household can do to make maintaining a clutter-free lounge much easier.
In this article, we’ll reveal a few tried-and-true tips and tricks for living room cleaning. We’ll also tell you where you can find a first-rate cleaning company in Marshal, Illinois. Read on to learn more.
How do I clean my lounge at home?
Unlike effective bathroom cleaning, living room cleaning doesn’t require you to use specialized cleaning supplies or extra-strong disinfectants. Simply gather the same household products you’d use to clean your bedroom, and get started.
Typical living room cleaning includes:
- Gathering discarded toys.
- Removing pet hairs.
- Picking up discarded clothes.
- Taking the dishes and cutlery to the kitchen.
- Straightening the cushions and couch covers.
- Cleaning the TV and other electronics.
How do I declutter my living room?
The unfortunate reality of clutter is that the only real way to beat it is to prevent it from happening in the first place. Unless you and your loved ones develop clutter-reducing habits, your house will always keep getting cluttered faster than you can clean it.
Here are a few great habits that will help you keep your living room clutter-free:
Wash dishes, glasses, and cutlery, or put them in the dishwasher, right after use.
- Always store devices such as remotes, game controllers, and chargers on a dedicated shelf (e.g. under the TV).
- Throw away old magazines and newspapers.
- Teach your children to always store their toys at a specific place after they’re done playing with them.
- Train your pets not to jump onto the furniture.
- Have a small trash bin in your living room so you can easily throw away food wrappers, tissues, etc.
- Never leave clothes lying on chairs or other furniture.
How can I organize my living room?
Living room cleaning is a marathon rather than a sprint. It’s all about having good habits and a regular cleaning schedule, rather than trying to remedy the situation after the clutter and the dirt have already gotten out of control.
Effective living room cleaning habits include:
- Standard cleanings (dusting, vacuuming, etc.) should be performed at least once or twice a week.
- Deep cleanings (cleaning under and behind furniture, washing carpets, disinfecting areas, etc.) should be done two or three times a year, preferably by a professional service that has access to top-of-the-line cleaning products and techniques.
- Decluttering habits that we’ve written about earlier in this article will go a long way toward keeping your living room fresh even when you miss a standard cleaning or two.
- Hiring a cleaning service if you don’t have the time or the energy to clean yourself will not only give you a sparkling clean home, it’ll also give you the leisure time you can use to relax with your family at the Jones Memorial Park.
Where can I hire a dependable house cleaner in Marshall IL?
KCB Maids is a top-notch cleaning company in Marshal, Illinois. All our cleaners are fully insured and bonded professionals whose peerless work ethic and superior knowledge makes them ideally suited to attend to all your residential and commercial cleaning needs.
Book a cleaning today and take advantage of our 100% client satisfaction guarantee. We can’t wait to give you the gift of a clutter-free living room.